Friday, January 8, 2010

January 5 The first day

Capital: Lima
Spanish word: Buenos dias Good morning (good day)
A student named J. showed me his poster about Joey a football player for the Steelers. He talked about the poster and we made a photo. I promised him a CD with the photo on the CD. It was fun. .. oh, I have to get approval to give a CD to a child. So my next work is going to be collecting ebooks that I can include on the CD.
I arrived at 7:20 a.m.
I like being a mentor. Kids liked looking at the atlas that I brought. I think it is best to sit with two or three kids and talk for 20-30 minutes than to walk around a lot. This first day I set an example by picking up trash, using the unused napkins to clean up spills and demonstrate by modeling that an adult male cleans up. So maybe it will be cool to wipe the crumbs from the table into the tray and keep the trash from falling on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment