Friday, November 28, 2014

Fischler's story about how he got his teaching certificate. He asked students to suspend their judgment. "Don't jump to conclusions."

Click here to get the story from Dr. Fischler (how he became a teacher.)
SoundCloud

I took a lot of science but nobody taught me to "not jump to conclusions."

I happened to see a goldfish in a tank.  I anesthetized the fish and put the wires from a battery into the tank.  I made it look like the fish was electrocuted.

The lesson gets across something

...and maybe they will suspend their judgment.


Education is the lighting of a fire
The examiners didn't understand until they had an explanation from me.

We don't do what we say we are going to do.

We teach in a way that is convenient for us.



More items on SoundCloud  "Education is the lighting of a fire."

30 percent of students drop out....


Another Sound Cloud:   Computer Assisted Instruction

No comments:

Post a Comment