Friday, April 11, 2014

Introducing a teacher whose video about English Grammar might spark some interest in my students...

My friend Isa Greppi lives in Bologna.  Her life companion went to my high school and I'm tutoring her boys, on and off, in English.  Isa found an article about the Flipped Classroom (a technique used in the transformation of education)



Here's her profile on Google+






Tagline
Insieme per imparare
Introduction
Click here
I'm the first to subscribe....
I'm a high school teacher of English and I've been teaching for 25 years now. I got a permanent job in the state school two years ago and before this I taught in different types of secondary education schools such as linguistic, scientific and classical studies, in an accountancy state institute and since 2011 I've been in a state computer studies and technological high school. I graduated in the far 1988, and soon after I started a career as a free lance translator (













from English and German into Italian). In the meanwhile I got employed as a temporary teacher in state schools and I sat in the national exam in 1999 so I've been included in the ranking list since then. I've always made an effort to keep myself updated. I'm interested in study skills, methodologies, multiple intelligences and cooperative learning. Finally, I am not a geek but I must confess I'm really fond of using technology in class, from pcs to tablets or Iphones because I think a 21 century teacher needs to create meaningful activities with his/her students and encourage them to be creative and indipendent in an innovative and engaging environment. So this is why I've got involved in this great experience of flipping the class. The last but not the least I really like sharing materials and experiences with other teachers. I have been using an Apple IPad for a year now and my life has dramatically changed both personally and professionally. Using technological devices will be my challenge in the next coming years


"So what?" You might ask... well,  look at these screen shots from her video ... do you see the grammar lesson?  "Make sentences with these words..."

This is a good example of how to use technology with English grammar.
I've noticed that many of my students (born in the USA) are uncertain about how to fill in these sentences...

If we create special parks, the animals will not be in danger

If we were to create special parks, the animals would not be in danger

If we had created special parks, the animals would not have been in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment