Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Teacher as Entrepreneur: Initiative is one of the Global Skills that we need to demonstrate to students

Tony Wagner has a list of "Seven Survival Skills" and one is "initiative."   I might "think outside the box," but I'm disconnected from the real business life of meeting payrolls and
looking for clients.  I am insulated from the reality of "insufficient funds" because I have a guaranteed group of students waiting for me.   If I go to a school as a freelancer, it is understood that I get paid less because I'm not responsible for finding clients.
Get it
So how am I supposed to guide the next generation into finding the entrepreneur within?  Everyone is out of work at some point and the remedy offered by most experts on "finding ajob" is "hire yourself."  Create a business.  Create a product or service.

So I created a product:  The Q A English pronunciation app.



Hey, it's free.  Go ahead, if you have an iphone, please download it and help my "views."



I have to decide if I can afford to make the Android version.  It cost over $1200, but it's worth it!
If you would like to get an app developed for you, contact Nancy Thompson -- she found the developer for me.

Click here to see my video review of my own app.

Why not click on some of Tony Wagner's links, too?


  1. Tony Wagner's Seven Survival Skills

    www.tonywagner.com/7-survival-skills
    The person who's close to the work has to have strong analytic skills. You have to be rigorous: test your assumptions, don't take things at face value, don't go in ...
    You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 4/13/13
  2. 7 Skills students need for their future - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS2PqTTxFFc
    Oct 1, 2009 - Uploaded by asiasociety
    Dr. Tony Wagner, co-director of Harvard's Change Leadership Group has identified what he calls a ... 7 ...
  3. More videos for seven skills tony wagner »
  4. Reviewing Tony Wagner's Seven Skills Students Desperately Need ...

    www.edutechmag.org/.../reviewing-tony-wagners-seven-skills-students-d...
    Jun 28, 2009 – I recently read Seven skills students desperately need. Today's students could fail at life, says Harvard's Tony Wagner, because their schools ...

No comments:

Post a Comment